All employees of our facility hold valid and appropriate certificates. A file with personal certificates, training records and other relevant information is kept and maintained by the business department.
Following general health & safety aspects are applicable for the entire operation of our facility (office & field):
- Based on the philosophy “everybody is responsible for safety production”, all workers are requested to improve their understanding and practically execute the safety policies, regulations and guidelines of the state and our company
- Unsafe working conditions lead to an immediate stop of any activity until general safety is re-established.
- Job related PPE’s are put on before starting of work. Workers put their long hair/pig tails inside the helmet. Rotating engines are not touched.
- Children are not allowed to enter the plot or other working areas.
- Consuming alcohol is prohibited.
- Wearing a scarf during work is forbidden due to danger of suffocation
- Physical or psychological mobbing, disputes or other job irrelevant activities are suppressed from our facility leadership and clarified in a friendly way.
- Nobody is allowed to convey its job tasks to other workers without a permission of our facility managers. In situations where a job has to be delegated to other workers in a consensual way it is permissible only in compliance with job relevant permissions and trainings.
- Our facility including office rooms, engines, storage etc. are in a clean condition.
- Strictly follow shift schedules.
- All workers are trained for their jobs including training for use of routine machinery and tools.
- Authorization has to be granted from supervisors if workers are intending to handle some tools other than their routines.
- Only workers with passed training, who are experienced and hold job specific qualifications /permissions, are allowed to work. Especially workers who are busy with specific jobs like gas-cutting, heavy lifting, transportation, driving etc. Have to pass professional training and to get their qualification to work after passing the appropriate examinations.
- Sick workers are strictly prohibited from working.
- Rescue measures are reported to hse department as soon as possible via incident report form
- Housekeeping onboard the vessel during pre-cleaning & dismantling as well as in the working areas of our facility: all areas are controlled by supervisors in cooperation with house keepers.
- All oil contaminated sites are cleaned up completely prior to commencing any further activity and inspected by hse department. There is a dedicated team of cleaners available onboard and onshore including the cutting site ashore. This ensures there is no built up of environmental or safety hazards and general cleanliness is assured for supporting safe working conditions.
- All scrapped pieces are sorted into or disposed of in designated areas to prevent accidents and obstruction.
- Safety information/communication: all employees and especially those belonging to hse department and supervisors control safety at the site.
- A daily meeting held prior to start of work each day between hse and production department which is also attended by all supervisors and sub-contractors if required. At the meeting general progress, health and safety issues, special precautions to be taken and daily inspections on-site are discussed and decided upon. Any deviation from standard safe working practice is brought to the attention of the site supervision team.